We have developed a prostate cancer blood test called MiCheck®. A series of clinical trials have shown it has superior specificity compared to prostate cancer blood tests that are available today.
MiCheck® fills the need for a test to assist physicians to decide whether or not a patient should proceed to a prostate biopsy following a high PSA reading.
- More specific than a PSA test – so a urologist can tell if a biopsy is really needed.
- Patients and their physicians will have confidence about what to do next.
- Patients who should get treatment for prostate cancer will get it sooner, and men whose MiCheck® results are negative can be monitored regularly.
- Fewer invasive tests – better for patients
- Lower healthcare costs – better for healthcare budgets and insurers
- More targeted testing– better for urologists and patients due to less patient anxiety, more efficient patient care, fewer infection risks
We are currently undertaking a US-based trial prior to its market launch.
Miltuximab® for Therapeutic & Imaging Applications
Our patented antibodies target Glypican-1 (GPC-1), a protein overexpressed in prostate, pancreatic, bladder, esophageal and other solid tumors.
We are examining multiple mechanisms of action including:
- Radio immunotherapy
- Antibody drug conjugates
- Immune cell engagement and activation
We have commenced a first in-human trial using Miltuximab®, our anti-GPC-1 monoclonal antibody (ANZCTR registry).
In October 2016 Minomic announced the start of our first in-human trial using Miltuximab® conjugated to the radioactive isotope 67Gallium. We have now dosed a total of 6 patients with no adverse reactions whatsoever.
A Decade of Achievements
Minomic formed to pursue opportunity in biomarkers based on MIL-38 monoclonal antibody
Showed antibody binding to prostate cancer cells
Received Venture Capital funding for commercialization
Clinical validation studies for MiCheck® commenced
Awarded Accelerating Commercialization grant to further product development
Commenced First-in-Human trial of Miltuximab®
Commenced MiCheck® Prospective Trial
2015 Eureka Prize
Excellence in Interdisciplinary Scientific Research
Major Australian prize for innovation awarded to our CEO, Brad Walsh, and university collaborators.
We are based in Sydney, adjacent to one of Australia’s leading universities, Macquarie University, and the Macquarie University Hospital, one of our key collaborators.