GlyTherix, which is a subsidiary of Minomic International Ltd, is an Australian Immuno-Oncology Company with unique assets in the treatment of solid tumors with high unmet need.
• The ability to address a clear market need for new therapies to target solid tumors.
• A clear development pathway.
• A clear understanding of the requirements for the pipeline development programs.
• The leadership team needed to manage the planned research programs.
• A clear end goal which is to maximize the return on its intellectual property assets.
Miltuximab® (our patented antibody) targets Glypican-1 (GPC-1), a protein overexpressed in prostate, pancreatic, bladder, esophageal and other solid tumors. We have commenced a first in human trial using Miltuximab® to evaluate the safety and tumor targeting of Miltuximab® in patients with advanced prostate, bladder and pancreatic cancer. We have now dosed a total of 9 patients with no drug-related adverse reactions whatsoever. Miltuximab® is a first in class product. No-one else presently has an antiglypican-1 therapy, in clinical development, for these cancers.
For any antibody-based therapy one should not only be the first but also the best in class. To achieve this GlyTherix is developing pipeline with:
• The best version of the antibody; which is most effective and safe as well as acceptable to our future licensee partners.
• The best cell killing payload; which is most effective and well tolerated by the patient.
The company has also developed Glytuzimab® a humanized antibody targeting GPC-1.
GlyTherix is raising capital to fund the commercialization of Miltuximab®, that targets cancers that have a major underserved need, in a high value market, with the protection of a growing intellectual property position (5 families of applications) and a reduced commercial risk profile.
Miltuximab® for Therapeutics and Imaging
Our patented antibody targets Glypican-1 (GPC-1), a protein overexpressed in prostate, pancreatic, bladder, esophageal and other solid tumors.
We have commenced a first in human trial using Miltuximab®, our anti-GPC-1 monoclonal antibody (ANZCTR registry).
The MILGa Cancer Imaging Trial is a first-in-human study to evaluate the safety and tumor targeting of Miltuximab® in patients with advanced prostate, bladder and pancreatic cancer. Preclinical studies have demonstrated that Miltuximab® accurately targets prostate, pancreatic and bladder cancer cells, and is well-tolerated and highly specific in mouse models of prostate cancer.
The trial being conducted at the Macquarie University Hospital also involves experts from the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO), Catalent, AusPep, and Southern Star Research. Read more >
In October 2016 Minomic announced the start of our first in-human trial using Miltuximab® conjugated to the radioactive isotope 67Gallium and we have now dosed a total of 6 patients with no adverse reactions whatsoever.
Global research collaborations
Minomic’s collaborations are advancing trials of prostate cancer diagnostics, therapeutics, and imaging as well as building a future product pipeline.
- The Centre for Advanced Imaging at the University of Queensland
- The Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre at the Queensland University of Technology
- The IDEAL Hub, University of Technology Sydney and University of South Australia
- The Division of Urologic Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical School
- Molecular Imaging Innovations Institute at Weill Cornell Medical College New York